Long popular in Europe and, in recent years, North America green roofs and walls are gaining popularity in Australia. Sure, they provide shelter from the elements, but they can definitely offer more.
Whether it is ecological, economical, or just simply visually stunning, here is a top ten of my favourites.
10) Imperial Hotel Roof
9) The Paddington Reservoir
8) Nanyang Technological University; School of Arts, Design and Media
7) House at the outskirts of Brussels
6) The High Line
New York, USA
5) Santa Lucia Preserve Community
4) Living wall on the Musée du Quai Branly
3) Green Volcano Building - Vulcano Buono
2) California Academy of Sciences
San Francisco, USA
1) Beach Huts
What is yours?